Experimental Progressive Metal / Rock from Canada
@ 320 Kbps
[Mp3]

Line Up:
Devin Townsend - Vocals, Guitars, Bass, Keyboards, Programming (Casualties of Cool, Devin Townsend, ex-IR8, ex-Ocean Machine, ex-Punky Brüster, ex-Strapping Young Lad, ex-The Devin Townsend Band, Revolution Harmony, ex-Bent Sea, ex-Caustic Thought (live), ex-Grey Skies, ex-Noisescapes, ex-Steve Vai, ex-The Wildhearts (live))
Anneke Van Giersbergen - Backing Vocals (Agua de Annique,The Gentle Storm, The Sirens, ex-The Gathering)
Dave Young - Guitars & Keyboards (ex-The Devin Townsend Band, Terror Syndrome)
Brian Waddell - Bass (ex-The Devin Townsend Band)
Ryan van Poederooyen - Drums (Non-Human Level, ex-God Awakens Petrified, ex-The Devin Townsend Band, Terror Syndrome, ex-Lalu)
Guest Musicians:
Dominique Lenore Persi - Vocals (Stolen Babies)
Chris Jericho - Vocals (Fozzy)
Anneke Van Giersbergen - Backing Vocals (Agua de Annique,The Gentle Storm, The Sirens, ex-The Gathering)
Dave Young - Guitars & Keyboards (ex-The Devin Townsend Band, Terror Syndrome)
Brian Waddell - Bass (ex-The Devin Townsend Band)
Ryan van Poederooyen - Drums (Non-Human Level, ex-God Awakens Petrified, ex-The Devin Townsend Band, Terror Syndrome, ex-Lalu)
Guest Musicians:
Dominique Lenore Persi - Vocals (Stolen Babies)
Chris Jericho - Vocals (Fozzy)
DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT released its long-awaited sixth full-length album entitled "Z2", on October 28th, 2014 via HevyDevy Records.
Townsend says about "Z2": "The first disc, 'Sky Blue', is the next step up from 'Epicloud', but the melodies aren't as basic; it's a lot more melancholy, it's maybe a little more washed out color wise, it's not as vibrant, but it really speaks for the fact that I couldn't do a happy record right now, that's not where I was at.
"My view on the second disc, 'Dark Matters', is different again. Seven years have gone by since the first 'Ziltoid'. That was a really psychological record for me and he was a representation of me at that time. You know, I'd just had a kid, I was coming out of drugs and quitting my band, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, stuff like that. I just don't care about that stuff as much as I did. I've got other kids around me now, like my sister's kids and my neighbor's kids and they became really interested in Ziltoid and started giving me ideas for the story. So 'Z2' ended up being like a story for kids, just with really savage music, orchestras, choirs and all that stuff."
"At the end of this process, we reached for the stars, and hopefully got to the moon, and after this album cycle, I will be taking some time to recharge my batteries and see what the next chapter holds."
"I hope you enjoy this record and all its offshoots, as one of my goals is to hopefully inspire folks to reach for unconventional ways to express themselves as well. We couldn't have done it without you!"
The official lyric video for the songs "Rejoice" and "Deathray" can be streamed in the YouTube clips below.
Townsend says about "Z2": "The first disc, 'Sky Blue', is the next step up from 'Epicloud', but the melodies aren't as basic; it's a lot more melancholy, it's maybe a little more washed out color wise, it's not as vibrant, but it really speaks for the fact that I couldn't do a happy record right now, that's not where I was at.
"My view on the second disc, 'Dark Matters', is different again. Seven years have gone by since the first 'Ziltoid'. That was a really psychological record for me and he was a representation of me at that time. You know, I'd just had a kid, I was coming out of drugs and quitting my band, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, stuff like that. I just don't care about that stuff as much as I did. I've got other kids around me now, like my sister's kids and my neighbor's kids and they became really interested in Ziltoid and started giving me ideas for the story. So 'Z2' ended up being like a story for kids, just with really savage music, orchestras, choirs and all that stuff."
"At the end of this process, we reached for the stars, and hopefully got to the moon, and after this album cycle, I will be taking some time to recharge my batteries and see what the next chapter holds."
"I hope you enjoy this record and all its offshoots, as one of my goals is to hopefully inspire folks to reach for unconventional ways to express themselves as well. We couldn't have done it without you!"
The official lyric video for the songs "Rejoice" and "Deathray" can be streamed in the YouTube clips below.
Tracklist:
1. Rejoice
2. Fallout
3. Midnight Sun
4. A New Reign
5. Universal Flame
6. Warrior
7. Sky Blue
8. Silent Militia
9. Rain City
10. Forever
11. Before We Die
12. The Ones We Love
Disc 2 - Dark Matters
1. Z2
2. From Sleep Awake
3. Ziltoidian Empire
4. War Princess
5. Deathray
6. March of the Poozers
7. Wandering Eye
8. Earth
9. Ziltoid Goes Home
10. Through the Wormhole
11. Dimension Z
Disc 3 - Dark Matters (Without Dialogue)
1. Z2
2. From Sleep Awake
3. Ziltoidian Empire
4. War Princess
5. Deathray
6. March of the Poozers
7. Wandering Eye
8. Earth
9. Ziltoid Goes Home
10. Dimension Z
Release Date: October 28th, 2014
>>> LISTEN, ENJOY & SUPPORT <<<
If You Like The Album, Buy It!!! If You Don't Buy An Album You Like, You Kill The Music You Like!!!
.jpg)
.jpg)





PREVIEW 1-2 | http://sh.st/y48A9 | @ 320 Kbps
ResponderEliminarPREVIEW 2-2 | http://sh.st/u0alj | @ 320 Kbps